Innovators in aromatic phyto-therapy since 1954, Yon-Ka Paris’ passion for plants is perfectly exemplified in Quintessence—the heart of our products and treatments. This proprietary blend of five essential oils is what turns each Yon-Ka Paris product into a unique olfactory experience. Quintessence is made up of lavender, geranium, rosemary, cypress, and thyme essential oils.
Every ingredient in Yon-Ka Paris skincare products is used intentionally and for a specific purpose. Rosemary, in addition to being a key component of Quintessence, delivers anti-aging, antioxidant, and anti-blemish benefits. Join us as we take a deeper look at this quintessential skincare ingredient.
The Top 7 Skin Benefits of Rosemary
What makes Yon-Ka Paris unique is our multi-sensory approach to skincare. Rather than only focusing on the skin, we design our products and treatments to go deeper in order to provide an overall experience of wellbeing.
Rosemary is a multifunctional essential oil with numerous benefits for the skin as well as mental and physical health. This fragrant essential oil is derived from an evergreen shrub (Rosmarinus officinalis) that produces needle-like leaves. From an olfactory perspective, rosemary has a calming woody aroma that blends well with herbal fragrances like lavender and thyme as well as other woody fragrances like cypress.
Where rosemary really excels is in its naturally powerful ability to sooth, reinvigorate, and heal skin.
Here are the top science-backed benefits of rosemary for skin…
- With its natural antibacterial properties, rosemary essential oil helps kill off acne-causing bacteria. It also has non-comedogenic properties to help keep the pores clear.
- Rosemary is a natural astringent, so it may help reduce the appearance of pores and tighten the overall complexion.
- It has natural antioxidant properties which help protect the skin against the free radical damage that can contribute to fine lines and wrinkles.
- Its antibacterial properties make rosemary a natural deodorant. It helps kill odor-causing bacteria, including those found in the skin, sweat, and sebum.
- Rosemary has natural diuretic properties, so it helps drive fluid out of the tissues to which it is applied. This may help reduce the appearance of puffiness and under-eye bags.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that may help ease skin conditions like rosacea and eczema.
The anti-inflammatory properties of rosemary, combined with its antioxidant and antibacterial benefits, make it a powerful ingredient to help resolve skin irritation as well as boosting the overall look and feel of the complexion.
In addition to these skin benefits, there is research that suggests rosemary essential oil may help stimulate hair growth, support cognitive function, relieve stress, and boost circulation.
Enjoy Rosemary in these Yon-Ka Products
In Yon-Ka Paris products, the benefits of rosemary are two-fold. As part of Yon-Ka’s Quintessence, rosemary supports overall wellbeing and stress relief. This natural fragrance lifts the mood, improves alertness, and enhances concentration for improved overall clarity and presence of mind. Functionally speaking, rosemary is often featured as an ingredient in products that tone and tighten the skin.
Here are five Yon-Ka Paris favorites featuring rosemary:
- Phyto 152 – Enjoy the firming benefits of rosemary with this vivifying body cream. This formula tones and tightens the skin on the bust and body, stimulating microcirculation to breathe new life into your complexion.
- Phyto 52 – Composed of 92% ingredients of natural origin, this anti-aging night cream intensely firms and refreshes the skin. Wake up looking like a younger you with clearer, tighter pores and smoothed skin.
- Phyto Contour – This anti-fatigue eye contour cream delivers 4-in-1 benefits to stimulate microcirculation, alleviate milia, eliminate puffiness and dark circles, and firm the appearance of the eye area. The toning properties of rosemary are what set this eye contour cream apart.
- Phyto 58 PNG – Normal and oily skin types will love the revitalizing effects of this purifying night cream. This formula balances, purifies, and invigorates the skin to diminish the visible signs of aging and protect against environmental damage.
- Phyto 58 PS – Formulated for dry and fatigued skin, this revitalizing night cream features a 3% concentration of antiseptic rosemary oil. Enjoy the natural draining effect of this powerful ingredient that enlivens fatigued skin and tightens the appearance of pores.
Rosemary is just one of the five ingredients featured in Yon-Ka’s proprietary plant-based Quintessence formula. If you’re new to Yon-Ka Paris, we recommend enjoying this aromatic blend in Yon-Ka’s most popular product, Lotion Yon-Ka.
A fan favorite, Lotion Yon-Ka is a soothing and hydrating toner composed of 99% natural ingredients. Drench your skin in the solar-charged energy of Quintessence while deeply hydrating dry and dehydrated skin.
To find the perfect Yon-Ka product with rosemary or to explore the entire line of products featuring Quintessence, shop the Yon-Ka Store or stop in to your local Yon-Ka Paris partner spa for custom skincare recommendations.