Cleansing is an essential element in any skincare routine, but it specifically works to remove dirt, oil, and impurities from the surface of your skin. What can you do to renew and revitalize the skin itself?
Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells from the top layer of skin, making room for new growth that leaves your skin with a healthy, radiant glow.
Yon-Ka’s Gommage line of body treatments offers customized exfoliation to soften and rejuvenate the skin as a complement to other Yon-Ka Paris body treatments.
Keep reading to learn more…
What Are the Benefits of Exfoliation?
When you are a young child, your skin cells naturally replenish and replace themselves every few days. As you get older, however, the skin cell turnover process slows down, and dead skin cells can accumulate on the surface of your skin, accentuating fine lines and leaving your complexion looking dull.
Exfoliation is the process of removing those dead skin cells from the skin’s surface, revealing the healthy, younger-looking skin below. Physical exfoliation involves the use of scrubs with a particle that manually remove dead skin cells. It is a highly effective way to exfoliate the body.
In addition to speeding skin cell turnover, exfoliation offers the following benefits:
- It removes pigment-containing dead skin cells to fade age spots.
- It unclogs pores, allowing the natural release of moisturizing oils.
- It fades the appearance of superficial scars and unclogs pores.
- It reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It improves the absorption of moisturizers and other skincare products.
When it comes to physical exfoliation, it is important to choose a product that contains natural particle ingredients like cane sugar, marine salt, and apricot kernels to gently sluff away dead skin cells. Synthetic microbeads are harmful to the environment, and have been banned for usage in rinse off products in the United States and other countries. Natural particles are biodegradable and are excellent to exfoliate the body with.
Custom Exfoliation with Gommage Treatments for the Body
For professional exfoliation, Yon-Ka Paris offers the Gommage line of customizable full-body scrubs. Choose from three intensities according to your exfoliation needs and select your preferred aromatic concentrate for the added benefit of aromatherapy:
- Gommage Doucer (Grade 1) – A gentle, hydrating bamboo and apricot kernel scrub for sensitive skin and light exfoliation.
- Gommage Gourmand (Grade 2) – A nourishing, medium-grade brown and white sugar scrub for moderate exfoliation.
- Gommage Marin (Grade 3) – A re-mineralizing , robust marine salt scrub for deep exfoliation.
Not only can you choose the intensity of your Gommage full-body scrub, but you can select your preferred aromatic concentrate to be mixed into the scrub. Choose Provence to detoxify the skin and body or Corsica for a boost of natural energy. Forest offers slimming support and Polynesia is for relaxation.
All of Yon-Ka Paris’ Gommage body treatments are designed to be performed in 30 minutes including a relaxing shower afterwards. The results of the treatment can be maintained by using one of Yon-Ka’s aromatic Gommage body scrubs for homecare.